Our Paediatric Services at Flinders Private Hospital are based around family-centred care and include both general medical and surgical paediatric services. The warm, welcoming and friendly environment is matched only by a high quality medical and nursing team who understand they are here to care for the whole child rather than just treat an illness.
Flinders Private Hospital provides a comprehensive inpatient service which is complemented by our outpatient paediatric clinic, Southside Kids.
Paediatric Inpatient Services
Flinders Private Hospital has a dedicated paediatric area on our surgical ward with a mixture of single and shared facilities. If your child is with us for a procedure which is only for one day, our Day Procedure Unit has all single rooms, catering for different surgical specialties. At Flinders Private Hospital we understand the special needs of children and have developed a children’s play area on Level 5, where parents are able to relax with their child (and siblings) safe in the knowledge that their voices are happy to be heard.
Our paediatric inpatient specialties include:
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Gastroenterology (endoscopies and colonoscopies)
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Medicine
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
We offer our children the following:
- Kid’s menu
- Activities pack on arrival
- Wi-Fi access, TV and DVDs
- Kitchen facilities
- Dedicated play area
A parent / carer is required to accompany their child whilst they are an inpatient on the ward. Parents / carers are asked to escort their child to the operating theatre.
Coming to hospital can be a stressful time for both children and their families and it can be helpful and reassuring to know what to expect. For further information, please contact us on 08 8275 3333.
- You are solely responsible for any visiting children brought into the ward and we ask that they be kept under strict supervision
- Visitors should be limited to direct family to allow a chance for your child to recover
- If you are required to leave your child unattended or are changing over the carer for your child, please let the nursing staff know
- If your child has special needs and may require extra support or services during their hospital admission, please contact Flinders Private Hospital on 08 8275 3333 and we can discuss your requirements
- Discharge time is 10.00am
- If you have any court / custodial or guardianship orders in place which may be relevant to your child’s stay please ensure you bring a copy of these documents on admission
- We take the safety and security of paediatric patients very seriously. Please do not be offended if a member of staff asks you to identify yourself and we ask that any parent / carer staying with your child wears a patient identification band
- Please ensure visitors are kept to a minimum, with only one parent / carer staying overnight
Southside Kids - Paediatric ClinicWelcome to Southside Kids, a fresh, new and inviting paediatric service for the children of Adelaide’s southern region. In collaboration with our Paediatric Specialists, Flinders Private Hospital provides an outpatient paediatric clinic supported by a team of Paediatric Nurses, Allied Health professionals and friendly Administration staff. Collectively we offer a complete child-centred and family-focused management of paediatric disorders, appreciating that children have needs as diverse and unique as they are.
Please ensure you have a Southside Kids referral form
In line with our holistic approach to Paediatrics, we offer a broad range of child health care services in a timely fashion, with all referrals attended to within a week.
Our services include:
- Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- Gastroenterology, including endoscopies and colonoscopies
- General Paediatrics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Respiratory Medicine / Asthma
- Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Urology
- Paediatric Sleep Medicine
- Dr Noha Soliman MBBS, DCH, FRACP
- Dr Matthew Scholar MBBS, LLB, FRACP
- Dr Jaideep Rawat MBBS, MS (Orth), FRACS, FAOrthA
- Dr Rammy Abu Assi MBBS, DCH, FRACP, PhD
Paediatric General Surgeon and Urologist
- Dr Sanjeev Khurana MBBS, MS, FRACS
Paediatric Respiratory and Sleep Physician
- Dr John Wong MBBS, DCH, FRACP
When the Southside Kids referral form is completed by your General Practitioner, the patient is then able to call 08 8276 8668 to arrange a convenient appointment time.