Orthopaedic Surgery is a core specialty at Flinders Private Hospital and encompasses all surgical management of orthopaedic (bone and joint) conditions arising from arthritis, trauma or sporting injuries. Our orthopaedic operating theatres are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and instrumentation which ensures our patients receive the most current treatment for their condition or injury. Flinders Private Hospital’s orthopaedic service is supported by on-site radiology facilities including Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans.
We have a particular focus on:
- Joint replacement surgery - knee, hip and shoulder
- Upper limb procedures - shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Lower limb procedures - knee, foot and ankle
- Trauma surgery
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgery
- Robotic Surgery - available for total knee and total hip replacement surgery
- Sarcoma and bone tumour surgery
Our team of professionals provide a multidisciplinary approach to ensure the optimum in healthcare for our patients. We have over 20 Orthopaedic Surgeons who operate at Flinders Private Hospital, most of whom consult on-site.
Our orthopaedic service provides:
- Over 20 Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Specialised Orthopaedic Nurses
- Specialised Orthopaedic Physiotherapists
- Dedicated 42 bed orthopaedic ward
- The highest level of private critical care available in South Australia
- Medical staff rostered on-site 24/7
- Pre-operative hip / knee replacement education sessions
- Orthopaedic discharge planners
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
At Flinders Private Hospital, we appreciate the importance of patient education. We have a range of Orthopaedic patient education videos available online, via our ACHA Health YouTube platform.
Knee Arthroscopy: A guide to recovery
Total Knee Replacement: Information and exercises to help prepare you for surgery
Total Hip Replacement: Information and exercises to help prepare you for surgery
Total Hip Replacement – Direct Anterior Approach: Information and exercises to help prepare you for surgery
The videos include information regarding:
- How to prepare for your admission
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Physiotherapy and exercise
- Discharge considerations
We encourage you to view these videos to help you get the best outcome after your surgery.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask your surgeon or pre-admission nurse.
Rapid Access Knee, Hip and Shoulder Clinic
We provide a streamlined, one-stop, NO GAP, service for privately insured patients and DVA GOLD card holders for assessment and treatment of knee, hip and shoulder injuries.
Priority access will involve a clinical assessment by an Orthopaedic Specialist, and if required, an MRI scan (no gap) of your knee, hip or shoulder. The Orthopaedic Specialist will review your results and devise a patient treatment plan which may include physiotherapy or surgery if required.
- No waiting. Rapid access to see an Orthopaedic Specialist
- No gap payment for privately insured patients for the Rapid Knee, Hip and Shoulder Clinic
- Rapid access to surgery if required
- Fast tracked follow up appointments
- Everything taken care of in one place, on one day
- Appointments made within a week
- Same day access to a diagnostic MRI scan if required, at NO cost to patients
- Rapid access to an Orthopaedic Specialist
When the referral form is complete, the patient is then able to call 08 8275 3364 to arrange a convenient appointment time.
Adelaide Hip Centre
The Adelaide Hip Centre at Flinders Private Hospital offers a comprehensive service for the exclusive management of hip disorders. Our Orthopaedic surgeons will assess your hip and devise a treatment plan for you which may include physiotherapy or surgery if required.
One specialty, one focus with surgical services including:
- Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Hip Trauma
This service is for private patients and DVA Gold card holders, with no cost for initial consultation.
Patients require a referral form from their General Practitioner to attend the Adelaide Hip Centre.
When the referral form is complete, the patient is then able to call 08 8275 3791 to arrange a convenient appointment time.
For more information please refer to the Adelaide Hip Centre Brochure