The safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is always our highest priority.
In light of the current COVID-19 outbreak, we have implemented a range of additional safety measures. Effective 2.00pm, Monday, 16 November 2020, visitors will no longer be able to attend our sites with the following exceptions:
- Paediatric patients must be accompanied by only one parent / carer
Compassionate circumstances will be considered on request, please contact the hospital to discuss your situation.
We will continue to monitor the advice from SA Health regarding his latest outbreak and will provide you with further information as this situation unfolds.
Digital Drop Ins
When preparing for your stay with us, you are welcome to bring along your mobile phone, tablet or Ipad so that your loved ones can drop in for a visit- digitally. Whether you use FaceTime, Whatsapp, Skype, Zoom or any other video application, our friendly staff are here to help you stay connected while visitors are restricted.
Ask our staff about other ways you can stay connected with your loved ones during your hospital stay.
For more information please contact 8375 5222 to speak with a member of our team.
Families and friends sometimes bring food for patients. There can be a risk of food poisoning when food is not properly prepared, transported or stored. This can have serious consequences for patients. If you are unsure about what food is safe or wish to bring in any food, please speak to the nursing staff.
Hudsons™ Coffee is located in the main foyer of Flinders Private Hospital. A selection of food, snacks and beverages are available. A range of cards, flowers, magazines and newspapers are also available.
Normal trading hours are:
- Monday to Friday 6.30am to 7.00pm
- Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Sunday 9.00am to 4.00pm
Please note times may vary on public holidays.Hudsons™ Coffee is a registered trademark of Emirates Leisure Retail
Car parking is available for Flinders Private Hospital patients and visitors at the front of the hospital and in the Wilson multi-storey car park on Flinders Drive which is only a 3 minute walk to Flinders Private Hospital.
Directions to Flinders Private Hospital from the Wilson multi-storey car park (Flinders Drive)
- Access Wilson multi-storey car park from South Road into Flinders Drive.
- From Wilson multi-storey car park proceed to Flinders Private Hospital:
- From the car park lifts on Level 2, walk straight ahead to exit the car park.
- Continue walking straight ahead, crossing a small service road and up the stairs (ramp access available)
- Continue through the “NORTHERN ENTRANCE” of Flinders Medical Centre (look for a sign above the double doors) and continue straight ahead along the corridor,
- Turn left at the end of this corridor, signs 'Flinders Private Hospital' will prompt you
- Continue through to Flinders Private Hospital and walk along this corridor, staying to the left (vinyl floor), signs are on the wall through to Reception in the main foyer
- Our friendly staff will assist you at the Reception desk. The main lifts in the foyer will take you to your ward (information board at the lifts)
Please send mail and flowers to:
(Patient's full name)
Flinders Private Hospital
1 Flinders Drive,
Bedford Park SA 5042
Please note that flowers are not permitted in our Critical Care Unit.
Flinders Private Hospital is committed to providing a safe, healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
In the interest of promoting good health Flinders Private Hospital is a non-smoking facility and we ask visitors to comply with this policy.
If you would like further assistance in how to stop smoking contact your General Practitioner, or call Quitline® on 13 78 48.
®Quitline is a registered trademark of The Cancer Council Victoria.
Patient Finder is a quick and easy way to provide family and friends with information about a patient's location during their hospital stay. It is designed mainly to assist friends and relatives of patients undergoing surgery.
How is Patient Finder accessed?
There are two ways for visitors to access Patient Finder:
In most cases prior to the hospital admission an SMS is sent to the registered mobile number with a unique link to the Patient Finder App. The patient simply forwards this SMS to all desired family and friends. When the link in the SMS is clicked the Patient Finder app will open on any device and display all key location details.
The hospital reception team will supply each patient with a Patient finder card that includes their admission number as well as a web address and QR Code® that can be used to gain access to the app. The patient can give this card or pass on the admission number and web address to all family and friends to track the patient throughout their hospital stay.
Click here to access Patient Finder
QR Code® is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated
Please refer to visitor restriction at the top of the page.