Visitors should not enter a hospital if they have:
- A temperature higher than 38 degrees Celsius, fever, chills or symptoms of acute respiratory infection in the preceding 72 hours
- Had a COVID-19 test and are awaiting the test results
- Been a known contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 (unless appropriate PPE was worn)
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Undertaken a COVID-19 test and are awaiting the test results, unless this was a routine COVID-19 test required to be undertaken due to cross border travel or employment
Thank you for your support in helping to keep our patients, staff and hospital as safe as possible
As part of the hospitals COVID-Safe Plan, it is a requirement that all visitors, patients and staff check in on arrival either by scanning the QR code displayed, or alternatively, use the manual sign in system available at our main reception area.
COVID Screening – Patients, Visitors and Contractors
In addition to completing the COVID-Safe Check-In, all patients will continue to complete a comprehensive screening questionnaire on admission
In line with SA Health advice, visitors to the general areas are restricted to two visitors per patient at a time. The two visitors can differ and children are permitted to visit.
- Maximum of 2 adults (plus children) can visit at any time, within the prescribed visiting hours
- Visitors are encouraged to keep visits brief and remain within patient room
- Maintain social distancing during your visit
- Do not attend the hospital if you are unwell
- Use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure
- Attend compulsory screening on arrival
Critical Care Unit and Day Cases have unique visitor restrictions. Further details below.
Visiting hours in the general areas are from 11.00am until 8.00pm.
Critical Care Unit
Arrangements to visit patients in Critical Care Unit are made in consultation with nursing staff. For more information, please contact 8275 3333 to speak with a member of our team.
Arrangements to visit patients who are having Day Cases are made in consultation with nursing staff. For more information, please contact 8275 3333 to speak with a member of our team.
Families and friends sometimes bring food for patients. There can be a risk of food poisoning when food is not properly prepared, transported or stored. This can have serious consequences for patients. If you are unsure about what food is safe or wish to bring in any food, please speak to the nursing staff.
Hudsons™ Coffee is located in the main foyer of Flinders Private Hospital. A selection of food, snacks and beverages are available. A range of cards, flowers, magazines and newspapers are also available.
Normal trading hours are:
- Monday to Friday 6.30am to 7.00pm
- Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Sunday 9.00am to 4.00pm
Please note times may vary on public holidays.Hudsons™ Coffee is a registered trademark of Emirates Leisure Retail
Car parking is available for Flinders Private Hospital patients and visitors at the front of the hospital and in the care Park multi-storey car park on Flinders Drive which is only a 3 minute walk to Flinders Private Hospital.Directions to Flinders Private Hospital from the Care Park multi-storey car park (Flinders Drive)
- Access Care Park multi-storey car park from South Road into Flinders Drive.
- From Care Park multi-storey car park proceed to Flinders Private Hospital:
- From the car park lifts on Level 2, walk straight ahead to exit the car park.
- Continue walking straight ahead, crossing a small service road and up the stairs (ramp access available)
- Continue through the “NORTHERN ENTRANCE” of Flinders Medical Centre (look for a sign above the double doors) and continue straight ahead along the corridor,
- Turn left at the end of this corridor, signs 'Flinders Private Hospital' will prompt you
- Continue through to Flinders Private Hospital and walk along this corridor, staying to the left (vinyl floor), signs are on the wall through to Reception in the main foyer
- Our friendly staff will assist you at the Reception desk. The main lifts in the foyer will take you to your ward (information board at the lifts)
Please send mail and flowers to:
(Patient's full name)
Flinders Private Hospital
1 Flinders Drive,
Bedford Park SA 5042
Please note that flowers are not permitted in our Critical Care Unit.
Flinders Private Hospital is committed to providing a safe, healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
In the interest of promoting good health Flinders Private Hospital is a non-smoking facility and we ask visitors to comply with this policy.
If you would like further assistance in how to stop smoking contact your General Practitioner, or call Quitline® on 13 78 48.
®Quitline is a registered trademark of The Cancer Council Victoria.
Patient Finder is a quick and easy way to provide family and friends with information about a patient's location during their hospital stay. It is designed mainly to assist friends and relatives of patients undergoing surgery.
How is Patient Finder accessed?
There are two ways for visitors to access Patient Finder:
In most cases prior to the hospital admission an SMS is sent to the registered mobile number with a unique link to the Patient Finder App. The patient simply forwards this SMS to all desired family and friends. When the link in the SMS is clicked the Patient Finder app will open on any device and display all key location details.
The hospital reception team will supply each patient with a Patient finder card that includes their admission number as well as a web address and QR Code® that can be used to gain access to the app. The patient can give this card or pass on the admission number and web address to all family and friends to track the patient throughout their hospital stay.
Click here to access Patient Finder
QR Code® is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated
Please refer to visitor restriction at the top of the page.