Urology is the surgical specialty relating to the female and male urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. At Flinders Private Hospital our Urologists have access to advanced laser technology and laprascopic equipment to provide a minimally invasive approach to the treatment of urology disorders.
GreenLight XPS™ laser photovaporistion of the prostate is one of the laser technologies and is available in South Australia at Flinders Private Hospital. Some of the advantages in using the GreenLight laser may include being able to operate on patients on blood thinners, fewer post-operative bleeding complications, less fluid absorption during surgery, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker return to work.
Our highly skilled surgeons perform the following procedures:
- Cystoscopy, Pyeloscopy, Biopsy
- Laser enucleation of the Prostate
- Paediatric Urology
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Stone Extractions, Stent Insertion
- Vasectomy and Vasectomy reversal
Post operative care is provided in our dedicated surgical ward with Specialist Nurses, Stomal Therapists, Physiotherapists and Doctors working as a multidisciplinary team to provide the optimum in healthcare for our patients.
In some cases, a Radical Prostatectomy or Partial Nephrectomy operation may be undertaken using the da Vinci Xi Surgical System. You can find out more information regarding Robotic Surgery here.
GreenLight XPS™ is a registered trademark of Boston Scientific Corporation.
Rapid Access Urology Clinic
The Rapid Access Urology Clinic is a comprehensive one-stop, NO GAP service for privately insured and DVA Gold Card holders. This clinic is designed to assist patients who require a more urgent assessment and preliminary diagnosis by a Urologist specifically for:
- Acute Renal Colic
- Macroscopic Haematuria
- Suspected Malignancy
- No waiting, rapid access to see a Urologist
- No gap payment to private patients and Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA) Gold Card holders
- Rapid access to surgery if required including flexible cystoscopy, prostate biopsy and laser treatments
- Fast tracked follow up appointments
- Results are provided to General Practitioners within a few days
- Everything taken care of in one place, on one day
- General Practitioner Referral
- Guidelines and diagnostic investigations required prior to appointment can be found on the Rapid Access Urology Clinic Referral Form
- Call 08 8275 3364 to book an appointment (8.00am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday)